Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Let's Play a Game?

OK, I bet few of you know that I used to homeschool my children. Yep, it's true. I have 3 girls, currently 21, 19, and 15, and all of them were homeschooled for large portions of their elementary, middle, and, in my eldest's case, high school. I often tell folks that I wrote her high school transcript, all 15 pages of it.
I've found that there are two types of homeschoolers. By the way I'm fond of sweeping generalizations such as there are two types of people in this world: folks who make broad generalizations and folks who don't. But, that being said, I stand by my claim that homeschoolers can generally be divided into two group, those that homeschool for a religious or political reason and what I like to call "The Crunchy Granola Crowd".
We were definitely part of the Crunchy Granola Crowd. Good thing too because, though I imagine the other group of homeschoolers is pretty crafty, you can only imagine how DIY the granola lovers are.
In culling through drawers and closets this week I've come across many handmade puzzles, games, collages, and what-nots that stand as evidence of my penchant to suggest when studying a particular subject, "Hey let's make something related to that."
Side Note: For those of you who think that that kind of exposure will yield artistic/crafty adults, I'm here to break you hearts. Only one of my girls is interested, albeit very interested, in that. Though they all know how to sew, knit, and make a hand bound book, only my youngest's eyes alight with excitement when I suggest we create something together. Though(addendum to side note) they all want me to make them a quilt for their beds and generally disdain the notion of store-bought bed coverings.
So, today, I thought I'd create a little game for you all to play. A matching game. Remember how fun those were?
I'm going to put up four images from yesterday which included some work and a lot of cleaning, sorting, and packing. I'll number these images 1 to 4.
Then I'll list 4 somewhat cryptic captions, a, b, c, and d. Your task, my bloggy friends, is to match the caption to the picture. If you're so inclined include your guesses in the comments section.
What do you get if you're right? As a former homeschooler I'm obligated to answer like this, " Knowledge is its own reward." :)
Ready? Have fun.

1.


2.

3.
4.

a. R.I.P. refrigerator nest.
b. I see a smiley face in there.
c. Twice in two weeks. Who knew they had so many?
d. Isn't pretty fabric a nice change from pictures of cleaning? (alright, that one's a giveaway)

7 comments:

HollyM said...

I'm going with 1 a, 2c, 3 b and 4d.

Walden said...

Okay, I am going with, even though it seems odd that they'd be in order like that:
1 - a, because it looks like a nest of sorts
2 - b, because I do see a smiley face in the way the garlic is placed
3 - c, because the nest came back?
4 - d, because well as you said, it's kind of obvious

Tina Short said...

thats not garlic...its baby teeth! and I have all the teeth from my 2 kids, I once told someone that I was going to have them made into a charm bracelet (wish i had as the look of horror was priceless!!!)

Steph said...

I have these matches:
1a
2c
3b
4d
Happy knowledge and fun game!

Andrea R said...

High fives from a fellow homeschooler. ;)

Joy Manoleros said...

1- a
2- c
3- b
4- d

Zurn said...

1.a
2.c
3.b
4.d