Wednesday, April 10, 2013

E Block Pillow Rises From Dead

I mentioned last time that I'm clearing out spaces and discovering all manner of unfinished and near finished projects. Actually I'm slightly astounded by how far along a project can be and still be abandoned. This pillow top, constructed out of my hand dyed and patterned fabrics was 99% complete and yet I didn't take it all the way to the goal line. Go figure?
I'm glad I unearthed it though, finished a seam or two, quilted, and backed it because it makes a lovely pillow.
There's also something weirdly satisfying about reviving a nearly dead project and making use of it. It's like cutting up holey clothes to work into patchwork. It just appeals to us(you know who you are) in a very basic way.
Also, lest you think this is the only project receiving a healthy dose of resuscitation, I'm working on an abandoned dress as well as have the potential for 4 other pillow tops.  And, that might be a conservative estimate. Seems like what I thought was not a hot idea in the past looks downright brilliant to me now!
Before I conclude this entry I should say that, if you like the pattern you see in this pillow, you'll be happy with at least one of the patterns in my newest collection for Moda. The collection doesn't preview until the Fall, but this print, in various wonderful colors, is definitely included.

9 comments:

pennydog said...

Oh I'm very glad I'll be able to get this print soon! This pillow is wonderful!

HollyM said...

It is funny how we can be cool to a project, and pull it from hiding and love it. I do that often. I love the pattern on the pillow!

Paula said...

Wow, I love the colours in this. I noticed it on your wall in the last post, it looks even more stunning now. Delighted I'll be able to get some of this print too in the future.

Ali said...

It turned out beautifully, I'm glad you came back to it and made it work for you!

Sewjournal said...

Beautiful pillow and the fabric is gorgeous. Keep us posted about that collection.

Bonnie James said...

These really say Spring to me. Beautiful!

Christine said...

Doesn't it feel good to finally finish a project and then you can start another if you haven't already?
I think you pillow has beautiful colors and you must be pleased with the results.
Thanks for sharing

christine said...

Doesn't it feel good to complete a project and then move on to another?
Your pillow colors are beautiful and you must be happy with the results
Thanks for sharing

Monobenozone Cream said...

wow the very nice looking the and beautiful colors