Monday, March 26, 2012

More sewing for...me

Before I get into my newest sewing project, I wanted to answer a question several folks posed about the skirts I featured in the last post. I made them from a pattern, New Look 6843, but I modified the pattern to remove most of the hip ease and shorten the length. It's a very cute skirt as is, but the smallest pattern size is a wee bit big for me, so I needed to make an alteration.

On to today's pattern. Have y'all seen this? It's a free, downloadable pattern offered by the lovely and talented Sarai Mitnick of Colette patterns. I've seen both the versions that she crafted for her pattern and another version which turns the tank into a dress(definitely trying that in the future).
Anyway, I was at Stitch Lab today to teach a class and started thinking about buying fabric to make the tank. It was pretty much constantly in the back of my mind while I was teaching. I can instruct and fantasize about my next sewing project. it's like walking and chewing gum.
 So, per instructions, I printed out the pattern paper and taped the pieces together.
Then I cut out the pattern pieces to my size
and selected fabric. Actually, the dotted print I purchased today at Stitch Lab and the plaid is from my a stitch in color line for Moda.
Now I'm ready to cut the pattern out from the fabric and sew myself a tank or two. I was planning on going to the movies tomorrow night, so maybe one of these will make its debut there. I'll let you know.

2 comments:

Cheryl Arkison said...

Walking and chewing gum at the same time is totally doable!

Always impressed with people making clothes. One day...

nzaluk said...

What kind of fabric is it that you are using?