Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Winners in Macro

Actually, I think the winners will be life size, but all my images, none of which have anything to do with the winners or their winnings are in macro. Why? Because my middle daughter went to San Francisco with her dad, asked to borrow the other DSLR and wanted my go-to lens. So, there you have it, it's magically become a week of macro images. This is especially poignant because I'm heading to the beach this weekend. So, I guess all my images will be really close up. We'll see how that goes.
Anyway, first let's annonce the winners of the Fancy Schmancy Tutorial giveaway.
They are:

Gill. She said:
Some great flowers!
I'd love to make some to decorate my bags!


Karen, who commented:
These flowers would work beautifully in colors to match a bride's colors. Nestled in the fabric of a reception tablescape or adorning shower gifts. They could also be used as favors at a shower.

Spontaneous Threads:
I'd put them on a simple wristlet. Then you could change them depending on how you were feeling or where you were going.

Debbie:
These flowers are super cute! I have five granddaughters that would wear these cute flowers in their hair. What a fabulous giveaway! Thank you!
I also think these would embellish candle stick holders, or maybe smaller ones for flip flops, gosh I ideas are endless!

I was wowed by all your creative suggestions and maybe Jeni will use some of them to style her flowers in the future. If you lucky four would kindly email me (malka@stitchindye.com), I'll pass that info on to Jeni and she will have your tutorials to you way faster than the mercury will dip below 100 degrees in these parts.

As for my images, they're a mishmash of pictures I've taken over the last couple days. I've been steadily working on projects with my new a stitch in color fabrics and, because apparently I don't have enough fiber-related activity in my life finishing up a shawl.
My latest project with the fabrics is a remake of my Tuesday pillow, featured on the cover of the Spring 2009 issue of Stitch.

I use that project as the one of the foundation projects for my Improvisational Piecing class and I'm off to Chicago in a couple weeks to teach that workshop, so voila, more sewing with my fabric combined with demo item for my class. I so love efficiency.

 The shawl I made is the Homin Shawl by Gudrun Johnston. I made it in a Shibui sock weight merino . The color way was called wasabi(great name and even better condiment). I can't say enough good things about this pattern. It wasn't easy to make, but not because of lack of clarity in the instructions. They really guided you every step of the way. It's just that this type of knitting requires your absolute attention, but the finished product is so worth it.
OK, that's it for now. I'll be back next week, hopefully with some finished beach knitting, sans the sand and full views of finished projects.


5 comments:

deanna7trees said...

congrats to the winners. the shawl looks beautiful and love green. love your vibrant fabrics.

Pétra said...

Congratulations!!!

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

That green yarn is the perfect shade of green. So fresh and cozy at the same time!

Unknown said...

oh my I'm knitting that shawl and you're so right... perfect instructions, but so much attention required at all times!!

Ayana said...

that's great; I love green - Soooo fresh :) Congrats!