Thursday, April 16, 2009

It's All the Little Things

...that make me smile.
I shot a bunch of pictures today and I was initially really stumped as to how they worked together. They didn't seem overtly related to each other as a whole. As I processed them though I realized that each of these images brought out a unique kind of smile.


These images of my silly and adorable nieces brought the kind of grin that only comes from watching kids ham it up.


Capturing these pictures tickled me too. The smile was probably just as wide, but it came from another place. A place of awe and appreciation for the bounty that I pass by everyday in my own backyard and don't take enough time to notice.


This smile was followed by a question, " Has there always been so much orange in my world or am I just seeing it today?"


And this smile is definitely the product of loving the beautiful design possibilities inherent in the simplest of tools.

4 comments:

Tara said...

I love the pictures. What are the little berries? they look like baby kiwi!

the 6 o'clock stitch said...

Beautiful images, all of them. I love those smiles!

Penny said...

Being childless, I love it when people share their kids.

ilovebabyquilts said...

I absolutely love closeup photos of everyday objects. It reminds me of all the things that surround us that we never "see". I'm writing an exhibit at Guadalupe River State Park right now called "Take Another Look" about this exact thing.