Wednesday, July 4, 2007

New Knitting

As if I didn't have enough projects in the works, I've decided to take on another one. I posted last week about some new clothes I've sewn for myself and since then I've made another top using some repurposed fabric. This week, I thought it would be fun to knit myself a summer tank as well.
For some unknown reason, I selected a project out of the Spring rather than Summer issue. There are several things I'd like to knit out of the Summer issue, but I'm tackling this one first.
This being Texas and despite the torrential rain we've had here lately, I never considered making anything other than a tank. I'm not using the exact yarn called for, but Rowan's all season's cotton. I really love this yarn. It's soft and very washable(50/50 cotton/acrylic).
And I totally love this blue. It seems so fresh.
The stitch pattern is particularly lovely. It's a lace stitch, but knitted, at least partly over large needles. The combination creates a beautifully airy fabric. I am super excited about wearing this top, so, hopefully, that will keep me motivated to finish this project quickly. Of course, that doesn't mean I won't start other projects in the next few days. My hope is that I'll be able to balance them and move them all forward to completion. Keep your fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's going to be very pretty. The color is perfect for summer. I like that the shape is similar to the tops you've already made and love -- almost a guaranteed sucess!

Rebecca said...

how lovely. i've eyed this pattern, too. it's nice to see how yours is coming along. i love the blue!